Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Plans

This week has been good so far. Things in my head are good. I wouldn't say everything makes sense, but after the weekend I gave myself a good talking to, and I'm staying positive until I change my own circumstances, because until then there's no point complaining anyway, right? Right?
So on Monday morning Joy calls me up to ask if I want to work in her position for a while, because she's filling in in the Exec office. Sure, I say, let me just get my heartrate back to normal and remember to breathe. Okay, it's really not that exciting, but you know Banana and change.
And of course there's the issue of leaving Dave. That's why I stayed till almost seven yesterday (the water corp is not a nice place after 6) and left everything in mostly tip top shape.
I start this morning, but I really want to fit in a bit of a run, because weight watchers also starts today, and I want to set off on the right foot. I decided I needed a bit of help in the lard wars, maybe even just a reminder that I don't need to eat the 82nd roast potato. 80 would probably fill me up.
I've also decided to go back to Planet video. (wtf?). Well, as I said to B last night, these past two and a bit years of American blockbusters and not much brain activity have been bliss, for my Gareth-addled headspace, but if I don't challenge myself, I won't be producing anything of beauty or value. So there you are, Saturday, I'm going to go and get some films, and eventually ("one fine day...") I'll be writing again.
Book show yesterday: F Scott Fitzgerald's taxes. Maybe one day Ramona will do a show about me...I can supply the material after Friday when I'm going to see a tax accountant.
Tonight, I've got a sackful of Canon articles to get through (from January - thanks hungarian media company) by Thursday, but other than that, this week really is all beer and skittles. Or wine and steak.

...

Ah, I didn't go to the gym. I faffed too long at home and didn't think it was worth it, so I went to the beach instead. I had a beautiful intensive 35 minute walk, from Scarborough to Freo and back (surely not!?)... actually along City Beach and the one that comes after towards Freo... and I figure it's better than dithering on a treadmill and fidgeting with settings... and the air is wonderful, and people share smiles and say good morning. And I don't have to wait till 6am for the beach to open.
Now a forage for breakfast, we're out of milk... and then off to kickstart Wednesday!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home