Sunday, November 15, 2009

shenanigans indeed

I am aging. The gin-horror-hangover I should have shaken off by the end of last night is still hanging around. I feel like I've been bashed around, and I could sleep for another 12 hours at least.

Rewind: Saturday was great. I did some Anna things, DIY heaven in Bunnings and kitchen adventures at home. Then in the evening we got a cab to the Inglewood soccer club, where a merry (very merry) mix of Hungarians were helping Matyi celebrate his birthday.
As soon as B and I walked in, a guy - unknown to us - came up and greeted us by name (surname included) and proceeded to talk to B like they had known each other for years, about programming and c++ and what have you. I found it really creepy - aided by the fact that this guy was barely standing he was so pissed.
Later, when we were sitting down with Pete and some others, creepy guy kept coming back, and i could see the colour and the fury rising in Pete's face. It really was a situation where this guy was coming back and coming back, just to get a reaction, to try and pick a fight.
I know what would have happened, if this situation was transposed to Hungary. But, credit to him, Peter got up, swore a lot, and then herded the family into the car and drove us home.
The four of us do seem to make a bloody good team, and back in Lynwood we proceeded to have the kind of night we used to, in Freo, all those years ago. Betty danced, we listened to terrible music (Pronto, Giuseppe) and great music (Pavarotti) and had too much gin but also much much laughter.
I regret of course, the aftershocks that came on Sunday, but Pete let me borrow the Subaru to drive us home (excellent power steering) - I could not have faced Transperth in that condition. We spent most of the day on the beach. I slept, got burned (it hurts to sit) and at about 9pm we went to Perth to see Static X. We were both exhausted and seriously considering not going but I'm so glad we did. They put on a rocking show. Wayne Static (I ask you what were his parents thinking?) could really work the crowd and his topless helper/barmaid was an entertaining feature.

Today- I've realised hangovers now last for two days, so I am getting older. Work is madness, but I have a walk to look forward to with Kym, at 5.
Observations and thoughts to follow when my brain breaks through the fug of two nights before...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home