Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Burnished

was the sky yesterday. It was one of the most impressive sunsets I've seen in ages. I was walking along Brighton beach, having realised that the old legs couldn't hack a run after the first body pump in months... But the walk was beautiful, despite the beach being a bit topsy turvy.
I tried to remember to keep my head up, and as I walked along, the sun sank slowly, luxuriously into the ocean, leaving a thin band of cloud, like an afterthought, scratched across the sky...splendid in burnished gold.


We stood for a time when it was almost perfect dark, listening to the crashing waves ... and said "We live here!"

The only not-perfect part of yesterday was my solitary trip to IKEA. Much as I love that place, it is depressing for the single shopper. I stood for ages, with one hand on one set of crockery and one on a different set, and wished more than anything to have someone to share the decision with. White or black? Black or white? I was on the verge of calling my mother for advice, when I realised that there is no network coverage in the cavernous vastness of the store, so the problem solved itself. I got black.

This morning it was pump again, but I am cocooned in this massive fluffcloud of happiness and the smile refuses to budge from my face. Every little thing in these gifts of days I am living reminds me that I am now basking in the light at the end of the tunnel.

The music I received from Bud is phenomenal, and I can't help but giggle as I am ricocheted from Bon Jovi, through Roxette, to Bright Eyes and the Offspring. It is all moods, rolled into one as I walk to work in the confident sunshine over Leederville.

A seagull on the bridge struggling valiantly, nay defiantly, with a full sized slice of pizza. I treasure these cartoon moments.

M is riding in from Newman on a white horse tomorrow... in the shape of a ute, but I know what it really is. He is also clad in shining armour.

full of opportunity...watch this space

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home