Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Commercial and crass


it might be. but through the tacky haze of cliches of Valentine's Day, i got this:
a big playful dag who wasn't embarrassed by a requested elvis song, or the lame try hardness of it all, even though wayne the singer was beyond talentless.

in my bag that evening i had the small fairy pendant i received from someone special the day before valentine's day in london - a sort of talisman, for the last time i was treated like a princess.

sometimes i manage to disengage myself momentarily from my frenzied self-involvement... and i really marvel at how un-easy i must be to live with sometimes. with my 'must have anna-time' demands and general stubbornness... i think i have a fair heft of luck that i've crossed paths with such good, patient people.


today, again, was full of pinch myself moments.

Norma took me back to the gym this morning at 5.50 for my first pump class in fucking years (okay, just under 3 months, but it's much the same thing) which was wonderful, though tomorrow i'll be hobbling/staggering. And things at work are bright and sparkly and hopeful. And maybe not career-directioned, but hopeful all the same.
Can I just say- Greek Australians rock. Like, totally.

Tonight was another Tuesday-with-the-ladies...less raucous than last week, this time at Evi's in Ozzie park. My god that woman can cook. Damn her, it was delicious. We watched Madonna DVDs and talked about the 80s and lots of other things and drank disgusting sweet bubbles...

bed calls now, with my last 20 pages of calvino (i really need to start lewis carroll tomorrow) and then a dash of metrica before work tomorrow. later, a walk date, then a run on the beach. time to sit for a while in the sand and watch the sun sink, and remember how fortunate i am to live here.

goodnight - and into dreams, cheese stained and champagne coloured, that won't disturb the "colossal vitality of my illusion"

...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home