Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Erratic and Happy

Happy new year and all that- again months seem to slip through my fingers like so much melted butter. But I am happy. This year has started unimaginably well (and unexpectedly so).
While Freo beckons me back with long mild days and absolute soul-freedom, I've discovered something here in Budapest that will make me yearn to come back. Someone, in fact.

Blush blush swoon swoon, I feel like a teenager again. Not angsty and spotty, but nervous and giggly, and so happy that my toes are almost permanently curled.

He makes me want to be a good person (good as in true, not good as in un-naughty), he makes me laugh and he makes me think. He makes me dinner! :)
And he gives me lots of words. All the time. Whether we're in the same city, or a few countries apart.

Honours is looming, but I'm looking forward to working that tired, scared part of my brain again, with Gary's help. And yes, I am looking forward to sitting atop Monument Hill again, on my own, sending dearest wishes back here and quietly wishing I wasn't alone. But the cranes and the blue and the sea - the flame trees and just the beautiful ease with which things work there.

Off to bathe in words again...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home